Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Swimming Lessons Round Two

With the beginning of August we also started another session of swimming lessons! The boys were so excited. After we finished our last session, Ephraim would come into my room in the morning and ask, "Do we have swimming lessons today?" When I said "no" he would respond with and agonized "oh!".

It is actually quite a challenge to get the boys ready and out of the house for swimming lessons every day. Not to mention bringing along my camera and everything I need for Amelia! Oh well, it is worth is to see how much my boys love to swim.


I am really impressed with everything Jacob is learning this time around. Preschool Level 1 (which Ephraim is in) is basically playing around in the water and going all the way under. Preschool Level 2 they are actually learning different strokes.

As you can see, this particular day they were working on the backstroke. They have also been working on the crawl stroke, the elementary backstroke, glides, watermelon floats, pancake floats and who knows what else! It's a lot of work and Jacob is doing great!


Ephraim has a great time playing in the water and is definitely all boy. Check out this picture of him punching the water... isn't it funny?



He is a bit braver now about putting his head under the water. I have finally started to "forget" to give Ephraim his goggles because he kept wearing them on his forhead and never putting them on his eyes!


Jacob on the other hand is not one to go without his goggles! Today I noticed that perhaps his goggles were a bit too tight, so we adjusted them after lessons.


Amelia is a good sport during swimming lessons. Sometimes she takes a nap while I go take pictures, and sometimes I get her out of her seat and we play. Either way, she sure is a cutie!


1 comment: