Wednesday, August 31, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten!

Can you believe that my baby is old enough to go to Kindergarten?!

Jacob was very excited to get to go to school. Yesterday morning I got up early to make a special breakfast for the first day of school. I made a yummy blueberry breakfast cake. Wouldn't you know that both of the boys came and joined me in the kitchen at 6:40 a.m.!

So we were dressed and ready in plenty of time to go outside and take some fun first day of school pictures. You could say that basically we did a mini photo shoot in the front yard... complete with signs!



I think somebody is excited to go to Kindergarten! Look at that happy face!


It was fun to take the boys outside and take some pictures to remember the excitement of the day. Besides, don't I have a handsome Kindergartener?


Even if he gets school pictures taken, I think these will be my favorite shots of him this year!

Isn't it funny how big backpacks look on little people?! So stinking cute!

Since we got Jacob a Cars backpack this year and they are bound to be popular, I decided to put his name on it. Yep... I actually sewed it on the backside of his bag. Does that make me a nerd or what?


It doesn't matter because Jacob thought it was awesome.



I also made a sign for Ephraim and took his picture. That way he wouldn't feel left out. Ephraim is having a hard time because Jacob gets to do all sorts of fun things. So I have tried really hard to make him feel included.


He is such a handsome boy! I sure have cute kids.


We even went and bought Ephraim a new shirt for preschool. He was excited for his new cement mixer shirt. And when I made a monster tooth fairy pillow for Jacob on Monday, I made one for Ephraim too.


Aren't they cute? Now we are all ready for the tooth fairy to come when Jacob's tooth falls out, which should be soon because it is VERY loose!


I don't know why I took this picture of the boys' feet, but I love it. Just like I love this one of Jacob goofing around with Ephraim on the front steps, all dressed up for school.

We got to the school with plenty of time. We drove part of the way and then walked. Of course I had to take a picture of Jacob in front of his new school.


Then we dropped him off. Everyone has asked me if I cried, and although I teared up, I didn't really cry because Jacob was SO excited and happy!

After dropping Jacob off we ended up going to play at the Smith's house for a little while because Ephraim was determined that he was going to "preschool" that morning too. We are actually going to start preschool next week, but Brenda humored us and totally made Ephraim's day. We read stories and were just about to go when Ephraim said that we couldn't leave because we had not done our notebooks yet! So then we let him draw a picture of himself in his notebook. Then he asked where his snack was! Sheesh. Is that boy ready for preschool or what?!

It wasn't long at all before we had to go pick up Jacob. He came out of his classroom with a smile on his face.


He told me he had a great day. They played with blocks, read stories and he made a new friend on the playground. He was excited that he gets to go to Kindergarten every day!

We had an eventful afternoon as well. We went to McDonald's to celebrate the first day of school. Then we came home and attempted naptime. I didn't get Ephraim to take a nap, and Amelia's was super-short. Then we went to see Cars 2 again. We got free movie passes from the library's summer reading program.

The boys loved the movie, and Amelia did pretty good throughout. She didn't get a lot of naps yesterday, so she was a bit cranky in the evening. We did get to talk to Daddy on the computer in the morning before school and at night just before bed. Video chatting is awesome because it helps the boys not miss Daddy so much.

The boys went to bed pretty early because they had a big day. I know I was exhausted, but it was a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Fun pictures, cute kids, and you are a GREAT Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. "Preschool" was fun yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job of documenting a very special day. I can't believe Jacob's old enough to be starting school, time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the signs and the pillows! Good job, Mommy!

    ReplyDelete