Thursday, August 18, 2011

Paint Party

This week I did something that I have been meaning to do for a long time. I went to the store and bought some washable paint. Then this morning I got out the clothesline, put up a sheet, and turned the boys loose!

The first thing we wanted to do was paint with squirt guns, which I saw in Family Fun magazine. We mixed the paint with water as directed so the squirt guns would not clog up. Then we put it in these squeeze bottles so we could actually get it in the paint guns.


With their weapons loaded the boys were ready to start squirting!


We were a little bit disappointed by the way the colors squirted out of the guns. It was more like water colors and was not as bright as we wanted.


So I got out the pie tins and put paint in them and let the boys get messy.


They had fun painting on the sheet with their hands.



Jacob even wrote his name on the sheet!


The finished product was much more colorful and fun than just squirting the paint on!


Then we sprayed the sheet off and waited for it to dry. Later in the evening when it was cooler I put paint in the pie tins again.


This time I gave the boys foam brushes, and they got busy painting the sheet.


They had tons of fun with the paint brushes! They enjoyed splattering the paint on as well as brushing it on.

The best part is that the sheet washed out completely. So now we can do it again another day!

2 comments:

  1. Jacob and Ephraim sure look like they had a great time. When you called I could tell by their voices how much fun they were having.

    ReplyDelete