Saturday, June 11, 2011

Park and Mustache Party

Yesterday was probably one of the boys' favorite days with Auntie Em. We finally found time (ie. we weren't shopping) to go to Discovery Park. The boys love this park, but it is really too busy and big for me to take all three kids there by myself. It is just too hard to keep track of them. So having Aunt Emily along made it possible for the boys to go and have fun.

Here they are in one of the castles. Thanks to Emily for lifting them up so I could get his photo.


Here is Ephraim and Aunt Emily having a good time climbing around on the equipment.


Jacob was not so keen on being far enough above the ground that he couldn't touch, but we finally got him to smile for a picture with Emily too.


Jacob had more fun with Emily on the balance beams.


Later in the day we had a mustache party, courtesy of Aunt Emily. Who knew that stick on mustaches could be so fun? I don't think I have laughed so hard in a long time! The mustaches looked particularly great on the kids. Check out Ephraim:


Isn't that great? Of course Emily looks great in a mustache as well.


Jacob was a little reluctant at first (after all, this is the kid who hates band-aids), but we got him to put on a mustache too. We were all laughing so hard.


But the funniest thing by far was when we put a mustache on Amelia. She didn't seem to mind at all and I just couldn't stop laughing.

I had to put Amelia on the ground with her mustache on so I could take a picture. Isn't this just about the funniest thing ever?


Thanks Aunt Emily for the great day at the park and mustache party! The boys and Emily went outside and played in the sandbox with their mustaches. I was sad that I missed it because I was feeding Amelia. Emily told me that Jacob was ordering everyone around like a little foreman, and with his mustache on it was really hilarious. What a fun day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fun day! I love the picture of Amelia in a mustache. Can you imagine what she'll say when she older?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this kind of stuff to/with my kids!

    ReplyDelete