Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fishing with the Boys

Each morning when I get up, I find the boys have gone downstairs to play with Grandma Devereaux. It is nice because they are WAY more quiet when they are playing with her than they are when they play together normally!

This was the morning of the fishing trip. The boys and Grandma played with blocks while they waited to go. For a while I was afraid they wouldn't get to go because we woke up to rain. But it started to clear out as the day went on.


I made Joe take the camera, since we were not going fishing with them. Instead Grandma Devereaux and I went and did some GIRL shopping with Amelia. We bought some really cute upholstery fabric for the bench in Amelia's room and fabric for curtains in the boys' room. I am going to have my sister Shannon make the curtains, since that is basically what she does for a business and I don't especially have time (or the desire) to make them myself.

The boys had a great time fishing, even though they did not catch anything. Here are the great pictures Joe took of their adventure.

Aren't the boys just cute holding their fishing poles? I love it!

I also love this picture Joe took of the pond. It is not too far from our house.


Later in the afternoon the boys played with Lincoln logs. Grandpa Sabey brought them some more logs to go with their set. He is staying with family, so he came to visit that afternoon. Check out the very tall tower that Jacob made!


The boys have been really creative playing with their cars and Lincoln logs. They have really been enjoying spending time with Grandma and Grandpa Devereaux.

2 comments:

  1. Those are great fishing pictures. Congrats on Joe getting a raise. That's awesome! I am glad that you got some girl shopping time in. That is a necessity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo...can't wait to see the curtains and bench!

    ReplyDelete