Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bryce Family Photos

If you have kids, then you know that there is a special kind of torture involved in taking family photos. However I am a bit obsessive about pictures, so when we added little Amelia to our family one of the first things I wanted was a new family picture.

So after scoping out photo locations, I had found the perfect spot. After dinner on Thursday we got the boys and Amelia dressed and headed to Bryce Point. The sun was just setting as we got there, so we had to wait a few minutes for the light to be optimal.

Joe set up the tripod and I figured out where I wanted everyone to be. It was funny because all the other tourists walking by commented on how cute we looked and what a great idea it was. As soon as the light was right, we started shooting. I had been telling the boys all day that when we took the pictures all they had to do was look at the camera and smile. I was hoping for one decent picture, but I actually got my favorite family photo of all time!


The boys did so great! They looked at the camera and said, "cheese-cheese-cheese-cheese-cheese!" while Joe clicked away with the remote. People walking by couldn't help but smile at us. We probably took over 100 pictures, but in the end I didn't even have to switch anyone's head with one from another photo. All I did was some color editing, etc. Aren't these photos beautiful? Here are my second and third favorites:






It was actually quite windy that evening. Now that I think about it, we had wind for most of our trip, but it was blowing right up behind us as we tried to take our pictures. The funny thing is that the only way you could tell how windy it was is by looking at my hair. Here are two of the funnier outtakes:



Amelia had hair problems of her own. Part way through our first set she got her hairband completely off her head!


But the rest of us look good, right? Girl and their hair troubles... sheesh! :o)

I was SO happy that I did not have to do extensive editing on our family photos. The top three photos only have minor adjustments done to them!!  I was so happy with them that I printed out a 16x20 for the living room, and I smile every time I look at that gorgeous photo.

I have also printed MANY copies, so if you want one of the first two photos, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I really, really love your family photos! What a great idea to do them while you were on vacation, you'll always remember your trip to Bryce canyon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! And you were so innovative to set up the tripod and GO!

    ReplyDelete