Saturday, June 18, 2011

Ephraim and Amelia Napping

Every day Ephraim protests and practically throws a fit when it is naptime. He tells me that he DOES NOT need a nap. Of course I don't really believe him and I send him to bed where he promptly falls asleep. Jacob gave up napping before he was three, so I am really glad that Ephraim still naps. He may not think he needs one, but I know otherwise.

Take the other day, for example. On Thursday after we went to the library for Story time, Jacob got to spend the afternoon at his friend Stephen's house. This did not make Ephraim happy at all. I tried to get him to take a nap, but after a half hour Ephraim still was not asleep. So I told him that he could watch Mater's Tall Tales (which Ephraim calls Toon Maters) since it is short and is his favorite DVD.

I was working on the computer and before long the DVD was over and playing the documentary features. I was sure Ephraim would come ask for another movie, but he didn't. When I went to check on him I found out that this was why.

Yep. Ephraim fell asleep watching the DVD! He was so cute all asleep in the chair!

If I am really lucky I can get Amelia and Ephraim to take a nap at the same time. It doesn't always happen, but it sure is nice when it does!

This morning I put Amelia on my bed while I did a few things, an she fell asleep. I thought she was SO cute so I took a few pictures.

She was smiling in her sleep, which I thought was precious. Then I just had to laugh because the next time I looked I discovered that she was blowing spit bubbles in her sleep! How funny.

I wanted to gt some cute pictures of her little feet for the blessing announcement that I am making, so I fiddled around with her little tootsies and she didn't even wake up. Aren't these little feet just adorable?

Today was a typical busy Saturday. Joe worked outside while I cleaned inside. The boys helped Daddy wash the van and the car, and then Joe rotated the tires on his car. Later in the day we went shopping at Kohls and Costco. On our way home Ephraim fell asleep in the van. Joe picked him up and took him to his room and Ephraim stayed asleep. I thought he was cute in there all curled up in a ball.


So you see, Ephraim DOES still need a nap. I have the proof!

2 comments:

  1. Sleeping kids are so darn cute! I love the smile on Amelia's face while she's sleeping. It makes you wonder what she's dreaming about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great picture of her feet! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete