Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend on Wheels

It was a busy weekend at the Devereaux household!

Early Saturday morning Joe and I went on a bike ride in support of Haiti that was held at our local Trek store. The ride was supposed to be the previous weekend, but got canceled due to bad weather. Saturday was a beautiful day, so we got to go our on a ride.

I brought my camera, but didn't really want to ask anyone to take pictures of us. I was also working on getting a "your own reflection" shot for a photo hunt. When I saw myself in Joe's sunglasses, I thought it would be a pretty awesome picture. So here is one of the pictures that I took after the ride, where Joe and I are both in the picture even though I took it myself!

After the ride we went and picked the boys up from the Randall's house. We have been exchanging babysitting, and it has been working out great! So they watched the boys for us that morning and later in the afternoon we went to their house and watched their girls so they could go out.

The boys have a great time at the Randalls and the kids seem to really get along. This particular evening we fed them dinner and then played for a while. Later on the kids wanted to watch a movie. Since Joe and I were beat from riding earlier, we didn't have a problem with that!


I like watching the Randalls daughters too because then I get to watch baby Eliza. She is just the cutest little thing! I can get my baby fix without actually having one of my own yet!


When Jason and Melinda got home we took the boys home and put them to bed. Since we didn't have time to give the boys a bath, we ended up doing that before church on Sunday. I had Ephraim wrapped up in a towel and ran to get his clothes. When I got back to our bedroom, this is what I found:

Yep. Ephraim in the buff reading a book. What a silly boy! Since my camera was on the dresser, I had to pick it up and take a few snaps!

Ephraim loves books now. Every morning Jacob gets up and opens Ephraim's door. Then Ephraim comes into my room and hands me a book and begs me to read with him! It's really cute.

Sunday afternoons while Ephraim is napping, Joe and I usually play games with Jacob. He loves the individual attention and only gets upset if Daddy wins too much! Here are some of our favorites:

Jacob loves to play Ker plunk. He doesn't quite understand that the goal is NOT to get any marbles, so he is always happy when he gets the most marbles. I guess at least then I can win and not have him get upset about it!

We also play Hi-Ho! Cherry-O! quite a bit. Jacob is really good at counting. He likes to play Chutes and Ladders, Candyland and Cootie Bug too.

I really enjoy playing games with Jacob. I can't wait for him to be able to play some more advanced games with me... but for now it is fun to play some of his favorites and watch him get excited and have a good time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are enjoying the exchange too! I just love hanging out with your boys and the date time is great too!

    ReplyDelete