Tuesday, February 9, 2010

February Cycling Update

Monday the weather was pretty nice. We have not had any snow at all so far this month. So after work Joe decided to put on his cold-weather gear and take his bike out for a spin.

When he came home I made sure to take some pictures of Daddy on his bike.

 
Isn't he a handsome cyclist? I think he looks great on his pretty blue bike, with his nice blue gear and sunglasses.

As you can see, most of the snow has melted off the grass. The temperatures have been in upper 30s and low 40 degrees, which hasn't been too bad. Joe and I have been trying to get some time in on our bikes because we may be doing a ride in St. George at the end of March.

Of course the boys had to come running out of the house with cries of "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!". They are always excited to see Daddy whenever he comes home. They thought that Daddy looked pretty cool dressed up in all his gear.

 
Joe ended up taking his bike to work this week, where he pedaled on Wednesday and Thursday during his lunch break with his boss, Kevin. So he put in 60 miles or so this week. Not bad for the second week in February.

On the other hand, I have been riding my bike inside on the trainer, which isn't nearly as fun as riding outside. This week I was a bit of a slacker. I only did 20 miles on the bike, plus two aerobics classes.

Maybe if the weather continues to get warmer and we don't get any more snow, then I will be able to take my bike off the trainer and start riding outside again. Hooray for the end of winter!

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed with you riding in the basement! You go, tough chick!!

    ReplyDelete