Monday, September 12, 2011

My Soccer Shark

Saturday morning we had another soccer game. We were among the first ones there, and for a while there we were not sure the other team was going to show up! There were at least 6 players from our team at the field before any of the other team even showed up!

Jacob's team had fun warming up while we waited. Here he is shooting at the goal. I love this shot!


Ephraim wanted to wear soccer gear too, so we dressed him in one of Joe's old uniforms. Isn't he cute? Good thing the other team wasn't in red!


The game went pretty well. I got some fun shots of Jacob going after the ball.


Coach commented to Joe and me after the game that Jacob is a good little runner and does a great job hustling after the ball. That made me smile.


I love this picture of Jacob sitting on his ball taking a rest while the other half of his team plays.


Though he did not score a goal this time, he did get to assist several times and he kicked the ball in from out of bounds, which he thought was fun.

After watching the other coach, I am even more impressed with Coach Art. He sure makes the game fun for the boys. He tries to include all the boys, teach them the game, and make it fun. Here he is telling the boys that first you kick the ball towards the sides, then you kick it towards the goal. You can see that Jacob is pointing which way to go too.

It was fun to have Joe at the game this time too. It was also nice because we got new camp chairs to sit on. So we did not have to sit on the wet grass. We also have a great little wagon to carry our equipment to the field. It is funny how much stuff we ended up buying for ourselves so that we could watch Jacob play soccer! Oh well, at least we will use most of this stuff for years to come!

2 comments:

  1. YAY for comfort. I love the shots you've taken of him playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soccer is where I wish I had a better camera so I could get some good action shots. Those are great pictures of Jacob in action! I am glad that he is enjoying soccer so much! I think it's great that Ephraim is wearing Joe's old uniform. I can't believe that Joe kept it!

    ReplyDelete