Thursday, September 29, 2011

Macro Me

For my birthday, Joe got me some cool macro filters for my camera. They attach to the lens and magnify what I am seeing through the lens. I would love a macro lens, but they are expensive! So this was a much less expensive option. Here are some fun pictures I took with my filters.


This is the top of a mushroom growing under our neighbor's tree. Cool, huh? Here is a much more normal looking mushroom. It was actually pretty tiny.


Then I went out by the side of the road and took some pictures of weeds. I love how close the macro filters let me get so I can see more detail.


These flowers are really tiny too. I thought they were actually quite pretty.


This photo is my favorite. I love how it tuned out. Maybe I will turn it into a Thank you card or something.


Or maybe this one.

I love all the cool things my camera can do. I even took closeups of the kids eyes. Can you tell whose is whose?




I can tell my macro filters are going to be so much fun!

3 comments:

  1. That's a really cool filter! I think the eyes in order of birth, Jacob, Ephraim, and Amelia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the close-ups of the flowers. Using them for thank you cards is a great idea. I think the kids eyes are Jacob, Ephraim and Amelia. Such pretty eyes.

    ReplyDelete