Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

I had a very nice birthday this year. Joe decided to stay home, so to start my day off I got to sleep in a little bit with him. Heavenly! Then Joe took Jacob to school while I got Amelia and myself ready for the day. I thought Amelia looked absolutely adorable in the cute new clothes that Mom and I bought on clearance at Babies R Us. So of course I took some pictures.


Who am I kidding?! I took lots of pictures because she is so cute and I love taking pictures. Check out how good she is getting at rolling over.


I love this cute little outfit with the embroidery and the paisley pants. You don't find baby clothes in black very often and it sure is cute!


I even got to use Amelia's black headband. Too cute!

After our impromptu photo session I took Ephraim and Amelia to Music Makers. It was fun to see so many of my friends on my birthday. When we got home Amelia took a nap while I took pictures of the little mushrooms in our neighbor's yard. They are so cute and I am going to use the pictures for a photo challenge on my public blog. At his insistence, I also took a picture of Ephraim.


Then it was time to go get Jacob from school. Melinda was kind enough to watch the kids for us so Joe and I could go to lunch alone together. We went to Olive Garden and it was so nice to spend time alone together!

After lunch we dashed to Best Buy and picked up two filters for my camera. One is a regular UV filter like the ones on my other lenses, but the other one is a diffusion filter. I can't wait to try it out. We also ordered some other camera goodies online that I should get next week.

Then we picked up the kids and headed home. It was cool enough in the afternoon that Joe worked on the bricks in front of the house. Jacob was a big helper to daddy. He carried the small old bricks to the back yard where daddy wanted them.

Ephraim also helped when he woke up from his nap. He helped daddy sort the big chunks out of the wheelbarrow full of dirt.

What a great team!

 
The new bricks look SO nice! We need a couple more to finish, but it is going to look spectacular!

Amelia and I helped by being the adoring onlookers for our work crew. Here she is in her swing, kicking her feet up in the air.

What a cutie patootie!

In the evening we opened my present from the Devereaux's -a new shirt! It is so cute. I even got Joe to take a picture for me (with Amelia sticking her tongue out at him!)
.
So now you have seen everyone at our house on my birthday. It was a good day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good day. It was great that Joe took the day off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Happy Birthday to you!! I'm glad I could be a part of it :)

    ReplyDelete