Friday, September 9, 2011

Can't Catch the Gingerbread Boys

This week Jacob had his first real homework assignment. So far his homework has just consisted of reading with me for 15 minutes each night. This week he had a new assignment in his homework folder. Jacob's assignment this week was to decorate a Gingerbread man. The teacher said to be creative so I got out all the crafting supplies, and the boys went crazy (as you can see from the mess on the table!). Jacob's gingerbread man is the one on the left, and Ephraim's is on the right. I printed one out for Ephraim to decorate so he didn't feel left out. Don't you think they turned out great?!


I especially love the noodle hair and the oodles of glitter glue! We finished the Gingerbread man on Wednesday so Jacob could take it to school on Thursday. It wasn't due till Friday, but he wanted to get it in early (my kind of boy!).

By Friday (Jacob's 8th day of school) I think Jacob was starting to feel a little homesick. While we were getting ready for school Jacob said he wanted to stay home with me. That made me feel good in a way because I know that he misses me! He loves school, but he loves to be with me too.

In the end he was glad he went because they read the story of the gingerbread man and got to help decorate and eat one! It was so much fun! Then Friday after school we went to UVU to have lunch with Daddy. I wanted to take some pictures in the courtyard for my public blog, so I let the boys play around while I snapped. Here are some pictures of the boys checking out the waterfall.


The boys had fun checking out the waterfall and I had fun checking out how the waterfall looked at various camera settings!


I love it when I caught the water looking sharp rather than blurry. Too cool!


The boys had a great time running around in the courtyard. Their favorite place is the part of the waterfall that they can jump across.


Amelia was not with us because she fell asleep. So we let Daddy take her to his office while we played outside. We had a good time and I got the picture that I needed for my photo hunt. I love it when we get to see Daddy in the middle of the day!

1 comment: