Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Don't Bug Me

The boys have spotted some interesting six-legged critters roaming around recently (outside the house, thank heavens!). They are fascinated with bugs and love it when I take pictures so they can look at them again later. I don't particularly care for bugs, but when you have boys you do what you gotta do!

 Besides, I think the pictures turned out pretty well, don't you?


This grasshopper was kind enough to hold still for a while as I crept up on him and took his picture.


Then today as we were leaving for Kindergarten we spotted this awesome leaf bug. We were almost late for school because we had to ogle this bug. He is pretty cool, don't you think?


We were amazed at how big the leaf bug and the grasshopper were! When Ephraim and I got back from Kindergarten, the leaf bug was still on the door to the shed, so we watched him for a while. We have not had many bugs outside up until now, probably because it has been to hot!

I am cool with it just as long as the bugs stay outside!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those are cool bugs. I don't think I've ever seen a leaf bug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...creepy! This is why I have all girls and you are a mom of boys!

    ReplyDelete