Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Trip to SV

Since Joe was going to be at the VMWare conference in San Francisco all week, I decided to take the boys to Wyoming to visit my parents. Since Joe's flight left on Sunday (the 29th), we drove him to the Salt Lake airport and just kept heading north. My friend Andrea was kind enough to loan me her DVD player for the car, so the ride went pretty smoothly. Here is the view just before we get to Grandpa and Grandma's house.

 Grandpa and Grandma were so excited to have the boys come and visit. Unfortunately it seems we brought cloudy weather with us. There was not a single sunny day while we were there! We went from temperatures in the upper 80s and low 90s to daytime highs in the fifties and sixties! Brrrrr! We actually had to go buy the boys jackets because I didn't pack any. I didn't think it would be that cold!

So here are some fun pictures I took while I was out with Mom and the boys. She took some time off to spend time with us- hooray!

Here is the world's largest elkhorn arch. You are impressed, right? I think I took this picture on our way too Thayne to visit my sister Deanna. I brought her some peaches and tomatoes from our garden.

The next day Mom and I went shopping with the boys. Since there really isn't anywhere to shop in Star Valley, we went to Idaho Falls. While we were driving around I had to stop and take a picture of these round hay bales, which are EVERYWHERE.

We went shopping a couple of places and stopped at the Verizon Wireless store. Since I can text now, I wanted a phone that was a little easier to text with. So my mom got a new phone before we got to Star Valley and gave me her old phone. So we had to get it transferred to my account.

It wasn't long before our shopping time was done. Mostly because the boys were done. Mom and I could have kept going, but not the little guys. So we headed home. Ephraim passed out immediately, but Jacob managed to stay awake. So we decided to stop at the square ice cream shop on way home. I can't remember what it is called, just that it is is Swan Valley and they have had square ice cream cones there for as long as I can remember.

Ephraim stayed asleep in the car with Grandma while I ran in with Jacob. We got some yummy ice cream. Jacob's favorite is any kind of chocolate.


I thought the lake was pretty nice that day too. Can you see all the clouds that were hanging around?

We had our fair share of rain while visiting Star Valley, but I don't think the boys really minded. They had a great time just hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa Heiner!

No comments:

Post a Comment