Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Fly Boys

We had planned an airplane with Grandpa for the boys ever since we knew we were going to Star Valley. Finally the weather was good enough the morning that we were headed to Logan to visit Jeanette for a day. The boys were SO excited and loved every minute of it! I may have a future pilot or two on my hands, since this was definitely one of the highlights of the trip for them.

They were SO excited that they would barely stand still (which makes picture taking a challenge)!

Like the matching jackets we had to get the boys? Not bad for 5 bucks!

Of course the boys had to check out the cockpit before we took off. Jacob was content to hang onto the yoke. Ephraim on the other hand wanted to push every button and twist every knob! Good thing the plane wasn't on!


 We got the boys buckled up and all ready with their headsets. Then we taxied to the runway. Before you knew it, ZOOM! and we were up in the air!

Ephraim was so excited that he got to sit in the front with Grandpa. He kept telling me that he was driving the airplane! My dad assured me that he was definitely trying to "help" move the yoke!

Jacob got to ride in the back of the airplane with me. It was fun to watch him and hear both of the boys' excited little voices coming over the intercom. They were having such a great time. We kept the ride short to be sure it was a good experience for them.


I love the view from the air, so beautiful!


Both the boys had a fabulous time on their plane ride! They loved to see all the tiny buildings and cars. It was fun to listen to their excitement as they commented on their airplane ride in their headsets.

When we landed I had to get both the boys in the back seat so they could post for some pictures. Aren't they cute?

I love their cute little noggins with the huge headsets on!


I especially love this picture of Jacob. Isn't it the best?


I think I may have a couple of future pilots on my hands, don't you think?

1 comment: