Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Swimming and the Rain

What a busy couple of days it has been for me. This morning and Monday morning I watched my friend Andrea's three kids for her while she was at work. I got the boys up in the morning and we went over to the Brown's house and stayed until it was time to leave for swimming lessons.

The boys had a great time playing with Ashton, Emma, and Elina. It was fun for me to get to be Elina's buddy and remember what it's like to have a one year old. All in all things went pretty well, but I am definitely glad that I do not have 5 kids under the age of 7!

This afternoon I was almost late for swim lessons because I somehow did not bring Jacob's swim trunks with me to the Brown's. So we had to run home and get them.... and we made it.

Today we sat closer to Ephraim's class, so I got more pictures of him today. I usually just get out my zoom lens, so I don't have to get close to take cute pictures of the kids. Here is Ephraim and Clara with their teachers.

They love taking a ride on their pool noodles and going to the deeper parts of the pool. Both Monday and today Ephraim was reluctant to go with his teacher. I think it's because we spent the morning somewhere strange and it upset his routine. Yesterday he did just fine, and I'm sure he will do great tomorrow. He really does love playing in the water.

It is so fun to watch Ephraim and Clara with their teachers. I love how enthusiastic and happy their teacher Clarie is. She makes it fun for the kids.

I like these pictures of Ephraim and Clara, kicking it by the side of the pool.

Later I caught Ephraim trying to pick up the water in his hands. What a cutie!

I also caught Karyn making a face at me. Haha! The joke's on you because I have a fast camera!

It was fun having Karyn and Brenda there today. I didn't sleep well last night, so I was a bit tired and frustrated this afternoon. But these ladies definitely helped cheer me up.

Here is Ephraim practicing his back float. Great job buddy!

When lessons end there is always the dash to find your mommy. Ephraim always seems to know exactly where I am... even when I am on the other side of the observation deck.

Then this evening I was supposed to go on a bike ride, but it rained buckets and buckets. Check out this cool picture I got of our driveway. Splish, splash!

When I got back inside Jacob insisted that I take a picture of him with his lizard. I guess that's fair, since I didn't get very many pictures of him at swimming lessons today. What a cutie-patootie!

3 comments:

  1. Swim lessons look so fun, I want to come swimming too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to apologize for the rain...we washed our windows today. But that is a great picture of it on the driveway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the picture of sweaty, old me! I am glad that our kids have lessons together. They are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete