Thursday, August 12, 2010

Super Swimmers

Today was our last day of swimming lessons! Hooray!

For the past two days the kids' regular teacher was back. So it was back to the regular routine. One thing they did was practice their front and back floats. Check out how well Jacob is doing.

They also go to play games and kick their legs at the edge of the pool. What a bunch of cuties.


Clara and Ephraim played little monkeys on the side of the pool (with their teachers being the alligators). They had so much fun are are way too cute!


I think one of Ephraim's favorite things was getting to go to the deep end. Whether by pool noodle, or really big kick-board.


For the last day of lessons the kids got to go down the waterslide. Jacob had been looking forward to today ever since we started swimming lessons!

 
Jacob went down twice with his teacher. Micah got to go down by himself because he was tall enough, and he went three times. We even got Alyssa to go down the slide once. What fun! Since Ephraim's class is so small, he got to go down the slide with his teacher three times!


We also took some more fun pictures of the kids. I managed to catch a pretty cool picture of Jacob all the way under the water.


Can you believe this is the kid that didn't want to put his head under the water at the beginning of the summer? Now he has turned into a fish! He will even go under the water without his goggles on.


All the kids had fun on the last day, playing games and splashing around in the water. When lessons were done the kids went to get a treat and their card from their teacher.


Jacob passed his class! He was so excited and I was very proud of him! That means that Jacob and Ephraim have both passed one level of swimming lessons this year! What talented swimmers I have. Here are the boys and all their friends at swimming lessons this session:

Ephraim, Alyssa, Lily, Jacob, Micah, Clara

I know the boys really enjoyed their lessons. When I asked Ephraim about it, he told about me all the fun things they got to do. I asked him if he liked his teachers and having class with Clara. Ephraim told me "Clara Ephraim's best friend." So cute!


So swimming lessons are over for the year. It was a lot of work to get the boys ready and to the pool every day for two weeks (twice!). But I am glad that we took two sessions and that the boys did so well!

When we got home from swimming lessons the boys helped me use my strainer to get the seeds and skins off of a whole pile of of tomatoes. When finished I put the tomato sauce in the freezer so I will be able to can a whole bunch of sauce all at once.


What great (and silly) helpers I have!

It was a pretty busy day for me. After saucing the tomatoes I put Ephraim down for his nap and worked online. Then I had to get dinner ready and go to work. It was a busy and productive day.

2 comments:

  1. That is so neat the both boys passed to the next level in swimming class. I'm really proud of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had fun being at the pool with you every day! Thanks for the cute pictures! Your boys did great! I am glad that they loved it so much. Maybe next year, we can do it again!

    ReplyDelete