Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Swimming Lessons, Round 2

In the words of Dory (from Finding Nemo), "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming."

Yep. We are doing swimming lessons again! Jacob made so much progress in his swimming lessons last month that we decided it would be a good idea to take another set of lessons to solidify what he had learned.

This time we are fortunate because Jacob and Ephraim get to take lessons with their friends! The only kids in Jacob's class are Alyssa and Micah, which he thinks is tons of fun. Ephraim gets to be in the same class with Clara. This also means that I get to hang out with my friends too! Every day just after noon you can find me hanging out poolside with Brenda and Karyn. Oh! And this cute little guy


How nice of Karyn to bring her cute baby so I have something to take pictures of other than the kids in the pool. Check out this nice picture I got of Karyn and Jesse the other day.

So sweet, huh? I just love this picture!

Anyway, swimming lessons have been going great so far! Jacob has a different teacher, and she seems to be using some different techniques. I think that's great because it won't be boring for Jacob. For instance she had the kids put their hands together over their heads to have them practice their back float. Look at how well Jacob is doing at laying on top of the water!

She has also had the kids use kick-boards to practice laying on their tummies and kicking their legs. At one point Jacob was holding the kick-board against his chest while he was on his back so it would help him get the feel of floating. It has been fun to see all the different things Jacob is working on this time around.

Ephraim and Jacob are actually in the same class level now, since Ephraim passed Preschool Level 0. However, I requested that they be put in different classes. I don't think Ephriam is quite up to putting his head under the water or doing some of the other things Jacob has been doing. But he sure enjoys his lessons!
He loves playing games with his teacher and going to the deep end with their pool noodle floats. He also likes to jump off the side of the pool and have his teacher catch him.

Jacob thinks it's great fun to have his friends in his class. I told him that he can have fun with his friends as long as he always listens to his teacher. So far he seems to be doing just great.

It is fun to watch the three of them in class together, playing games and talking to each other when the teacher is working with one of them separately. They are so stinking cute!

I can tell we are going to have so much fun with swimming lessons this time around. Jacob has loosened up a lot and really isn't afraid of the water anymore. He has gained confidence in his swimming skills, which makes me so proud of him!

2 comments:

  1. Most beautiful pictures - esp of Karyn and Jesse! And, I'm jealous you have friends to chat with during the boredom of swimming lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking such great pictures! I love the one of Jesse and me! I enjoy hanging out with you ladies too.

    ReplyDelete