Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Our Garden and Fun at the Pool

Our garden is starting to show some lovely bits of color, as are our fruit tress. We managed to get 15 or so apricots last month, and this month our peaches are starting to get ripe. Don't they look good?

Bright bits of red are starting to appear in our tomato patch. We have already been eating some cherry tomatoes this week, and they are so good!

It looks like we are also going to have to start picking some of the big tomatoes soon. In no time we will be making salsa and spaghetti sauce, and canning season will be upon us!

I also love fresh tomato sandwiches with slices of tomato and melted mozarella cheese on toast. Yummy!

Swimming lessons this week have been going pretty well. The kids have had a substitute teacher for two days. I had to laugh though, because he looked just like a too-cool-for-you lifeguard type with big reflective aviator sunglasses. He looked a bit out of place next to our four year olds. But at least they had fun.


I love my camera because I can take pictures without even needed to get close to the edge of the pool. Zoom lenses are wonderful. Here are Jacob and Alyssa at the side of the pool.

I was joking with Brenda that Alyssa was probably asking Jacob if he thought her swimming suit looked cute because she definitely has an opinion about her clothes (and Jacob didn't look particularly interested in what she was saying). Haha!

Here are Jacob, Micah and Alyssa as they were getting out of the pool yesterday.

This is my favorite picture from today. Here is Jacob running to me after swimming lessons. I just love the goggles and the water streaming off his suit.




The boys and I were slow leaving the pool today after swimming lessons. The empty pool made me think about how lonely the water will be after swimming lessons finish up this week.


The boys have had a great time at the pool this summer! We will have to make an effort to go more often this fall and winter as well.

2 comments:

  1. You all sure had a lot of fun. I'm glad you have the pictures for the memories.

    ReplyDelete