Saturday, May 1, 2010

Saturday is Haircut and Tub Day

Today was a bit of a cloudy day, so we spent most of it inside. In the morning we just slept in a bit and had breakfast. Then we played around for a while in our pajamas.

I got the Cheerios out and let Ephraim play with this Cheerio book. He thought it was the coolest thing ever! I guess I haven't really gotten it out for him to play with like that and he thought it was fun to put the Cheerios where they were supposed to go.

After a while we decided that it was time for haircuts. Ephraim volunteered himself to go first. He doesn't mind getting a haircut at all!


While we were watching Ephraim get his hair cut, Jacob was goofing around and telling me to take his picture. He was actually pretty cute.


Then we told him that it was his turn to get his hair cut.

He wasn't quite as excited about that. For some reason Jacob does not like haircuts very much at all. Check out all the great faces that he makes.

Meanwhile it was Ephraim's turn to play around and have Mommy take his picture. Isn't he a cutie? I love those blue eyes!

It's funny how Jacob reacts to getting his hair cut. He always gets all worked up at the beginning and there are usually tears.

Sometimes there are even some tortured expressions and moaning going on.


Then eventually Jacob decides that the haircut does not hurt him and he usually ends up just fine. Sometimes he even ends up laughing and smiling! Now if we could only convince him to start off that way, maybe he would have more fun getting his hair cut.

Later that evening it was time for the boys to have a bath so they could be ready for church. Lately I have been bathing them separately because Jacob is getting pretty big and it is squishy to have both of them in the tub. However sometimes there is a short period of overlap where they are both in the tub together.

Tonight the boys were being particularly silly in the tub. I don't really know what was so funny, but I found the two of them laying on the bottom of the tub having an outrageously fun time. My camera was right around the corner on my dresser, so I got it out and took some pictures.

This is one I call "Hear no evil, Speak no evil."


And here is my favorite of the two of them just laughing themselves silly! After spending most of the day inside because of the weather it was fun to see the boys having such a great time together.

2 comments:

  1. It's is sure interesting how different two little boys can be, even if they are brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those haircut pictures are priceless!

    ReplyDelete