Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Weekend

Early Saturday morning (we are talking before 8 am!) Joe and I dropped the boys off with my friend Stacy so we could go on a long bike ride. Joe has been helping me train for my upcoming century at the Little Red Riding Hood ride in Logan.

Joe and I went just over 77 miles and had a totally great time! We got to spend many child-free hours enjoying ourselves and working hard on a ride with a small group of cyclists. I think I am ready for this weekend now! Wanna know the best part? My boys had a great time too. As a matter of fact, Jacob didn't want to go home with us!

Since we were returning to her house later for a barbeque, Stacy told me that Jacob could stay and play with her son Caleb, while we went home to give Ephraim a nap. So basically Jacob was at her house all day. He loved playing with all the great boy toys, watching movies and jumping on the trampoline.

We had a fun time at the barbecue. We got to hang out with Brian and Stacy and meet some of their friends. We also got to watch the boys play on the trampoline.

We did manage to get the boys to eat a little bit... but they were really more interested in jumping. It was really fun to watch them!

At first Ephraim wasn't quite sure about jumping, but he was having a blast in no time!

Joe had the day off Monday, which was nice. He did a lot of work around the house. I had a very productive Memorial Day as well and got a lot done. In the evening the boys and I went on a walk. We were looking for bugs for our preschool lesson and I thought the boys were so cute running around with their nets.
We even managed to catch a couple of bugs, which the boys were very excited about. We put them in glass jars to show Jacob's preschool class.

We ended up walking through the cemetery near our house. It is always amazing to me how colorful and beautiful the cemetery is on Memorial Day.  There are so many lovely flowers as people gather to remember those they have loved and lost.

They even had lovely flowers growing on the bushes around the cemetery. Of course I was looking for bugs, so I might was well stop and look at the flowers!


As for Daddy, he worked on the cooler and checked things out on the roof. Jacob had to climb up the ladder too so he could be on the roof with Daddy.


Ephraim wanted to get on the roof too, but we told him he would have to wait until there were more people up there to watch him! Maybe when Grandpa Devereaux comes to help fix the roof both of the boys can check out the view from up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment