Saturday, May 8, 2010

Unexpectedly Busy Saturday

Saturday we didn't really plan on doing anything exciting. So in the morning we were just working around the house. Since the weather was decent the boys decided to wash the van.

Jacob is a big helper and likes to help Daddy wash the van. He always wants to use the chamois and water blade just like daddy.

It works out pretty well because Daddy can get the high spots, and Jacob can get the stuff that is down a little lower.

I also took some pictures of the flowers in our yard. The garden and the flowers have been loving all the wet weather we have been having lately. We haven't really even had to water much yet!

Then my parents called and said they were on their way to SLC to go to the bike shop. My friend Aly was also in Salt Lake for her graduation luncheon, which I was invited too. Since she lives in Alabama now with he new husband, I knew it would be my last chance to see her for a while. So after talking to her and Joe about it, we decided to head up to Salt Lake in the afternoon.

Our first stop was to see Aly. The luncheon was at her in-laws house in South Jordan. It was fun to see Aly and get to chat with her for a while.

The boys had fun playing with the other kids. Jacob wanted to jump on the trampoline, so after the big kids were done with their turn we let him get on a jump around a bit.

Ephraim didn't like jumping very much, but he really loved playing in the playhouse they had, as well as this fun little car.
I really enjoyed hanging out with Aly and just getting a chance to talk with her. I haven't really seen her since she got married last October. The fun thing for me is that when we were roommates in college I always wanted to be as skinny as she was.


Well, in the past couple of months I have been doing pretty well as far as weight goes. I have lost about 14 pounds and can now wear size 12 jeans. Imagine my surprise when Alyssa told me that I could wear her pants because we are in the same size! Wahoo!

After visiting with Alyssa for a while we drove into Salt Lake and met my parents at the bike shop. It was fun to get to see them, even if it was only for an hour or so. The boys loved to see Grandma and Grandpa. It turns out that the bikes they ordered weren't actually in at the shop, but the trip turned out o.k. anyway. Grandma Heiner upgraded to a nice new Trek and my Aunt Kristie got a new bike as well. I guess we have really started a cycling phenomenon in my family, which is kind of cool.

On our way home we stopped at one last bike shop. They had the kind of saddle that Joe had been interested in trying. It is a pretty pricey saddle, but it is supposed to be amazing. Turns out the bike shop has a program where you can put a downpayment on a seat and take it home to try it for a while. So that is what we did. We didn't end up getting home until it was bedtime for the boys. Our lazy Saturday turned out to be very busy indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment