Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Pinecones at the Park

Today we had a break in all the stormy weather we have been having. So I got together with Karyn and Melinda and we actually managed to have a nice picnic in the park while I kids got to play OUTSIDE. It was SO much fun.

I love it when I get to spend time with Karyn and Melinda at the same time while I kids have a great time together. I am looking forward to much more of that this summer! We will definitely have to have regular park play days. The only downside this particular time was when Melinda got locked out of her van, but we hung out with her until Jason could come rescue her.

While we were at the park, the kids had a great time running up and down the big hill. Jacob found some pine cones that we just HAD to take home. He knows how much Grandma Heiner likes them, so we brought them with us.


Here he is showing his pine cones to me. Aren't they lovely? 

Later Jacob asked me if he could paint them red (his favorite color). I thought... sure, why not?! So during quiet time I got everything set up and let Jacob go crazy with the red paint. I think the pinecones look pretty good. Maybe I've got a little interior decorator on my hands!


On a side note, I noticed that my irises are starting to bloom. Hooray! I love the color that they add to my back yard.


In other news, last night we planted our vegetable garden! I can't wait for fresh tomatoes. Joe hasn't had time to set up the drip system yet, so today the boys helped me water the plants. Ephraim watered the plants while Jacob was at playgroup. And then later while Ephraim was asleep Jacob helped me water. They both thought it was SO fun!

What great helpers I have!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the park was so much fun! We are ready to join you there for consistent warm weather days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the park was so much fun! We are ready to join you there for consistent warm weather days!

    ReplyDelete