Friday, May 21, 2010

Crash, Bang!

I had a feeling when I woke up on Friday it was going to be one of those days. My fever had gone down significantly, but I was still feeling tired, head-achy, and my throat was really sore. I was hoping I could spend the day at home, just resting.

The boys were playing really well together, so I decided to hop in the shower. The warm water always makes me feel better.

I was just about finished in the shower I heard a very loud CRASH and then a BOOM.
Oh no! What was that?!
Then I heard both of my boys crying.

Needles to say I jumped out of the shower and ran to see what happened. You can imagine my shock and horror when I found this:

Apparently Ephraim had decided to use the drawers of Jacob's dresser as a ladder in an attempt to reach something on top of the dresser... and the whole thing tipped over. It crashed into the bookcase and dumped everything onto the floor.

The boys were mostly crying because they were scared... but Ephraim did get a bit banged up:

Ouch! I got him all cleaned up but I could not decide if I needed to take him to the doctor or not. Not feeling really great didn't help with my decision-making either. So I emailed Joe these pics and we decided that it was better to be safe than sorry. So I made an appointment and headed off to the doctors office.... again. Nothing like going twice in two days!

Of course the nurse said that he did not need stitches or glue because it wasn't that deep. So it should heal just fine. I felt a little silly about going to the doctor's office for nothing, especially when I wasn't feeling well, but it was good to know that he was o.k.


I'm glad that both of my boys (the little monkeys) survived the attack of the dresser. I hope now they have learned why Mommy tells them not to climb on the furniture!

2 comments:

  1. So scary! I would've taken mine to the doctor too - always better safe than sorry, imho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that Ephraim's okay! Unfortunately, it's probably not the last time you will have to go to the doctor's office for something like this. I know that I will be there too!

    ReplyDelete