Sunday, May 2, 2010

Silly Sunday and the Fantastic Fort

We have had way TOO much cloudy, cold and rainy weather in the past week. It's driving me crazy! Whatever happened to Spring? Just when its supposed to warm up and the boys really want to play outside, the weather gets all nasty.

We have spent a lot of the past week indoors. It has been SO blustery. I even took the boys to McDonalds the other day so they could go play somewhere besides at home!

So when today dawned another wet day, I knew we were in for it! The excitement started this morning when I found the boys doing this:

Yep. They were jumping off of Jacob's bed. Usually this is frowned upon, but today I decided to supervise their jumping and let them do it for a little while (so I could take pictures, of course). They were both pretty good little jumpers.


Then we got everyone ready and went to church. After church and Ephraim's nap the boys were going a little stir crazy. So we made faces for a while. Check out these monkeys:

Wow they sure have flexible ears, don't you think?

Then finally I decided to make them a fort to play in for the remainder of the day. We got out a bunch of sheets, blankets, chairs and weights. I think the fort turned out pretty well, especially since I am not particularly experienced at making such things!

The boys had a great time crawling around the fort and playing in there. They brought in books to read, coloring books, and all sorts of fun things to do.

Apparently whatever you are doing is much more fun when you are inside of a fort.

The great thing was that the fort kept Jacob and Ephraim busy for a few hours. I will definitely have to keep this in my rainy day arsenal so that the next time we are getting stir-crazy we can find a way to have some fun inside.

1 comment:

  1. You did a good job of coming up with fun things to do on a rainy day. You'll have to remember them for the next time.

    ReplyDelete