Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Behind Bars; Jacob the Photographer

Look what I found when I went in to get Ephraim this morning.

Not only is he standing up, he is totally chewing on the crib! I guess that's why it has those plastic guards on top, right? He is getting really good at standing up, so most of the time when I go to get him he is standing now. I can't believe how fast he is learning physical skills.

If Jacob beats me into the room, he always has to climb up and say Hi to Ephraim... face to face. It's actually pretty cute.

After I took these photos with our small camera, I asked Jacob to put the camera away for me. He wanted to know if he could take a picture. He asked me so nicely and he's pretty good at being careful, so I let him. Here is the first photo he took:

Not bad buddy... but your fingers are covering the flash. Try again:

Wait until Mommy is done talking to you to take the picture. Besides, I don't think you had that one pointed in quite the right place... you need to see Mommy and Ephraim on the screen.

Can you believe my two year old took the above photo? Great job, Jacob. He was getting the hang of this whole point and push the button thing. Check out the next one:

So there you have it... we have another photographer at the Devereaux household!

Apparently we also have another boy who would like to start using sippy cups. Jacob left his on the floor, and Ephraim headed straight for it! He even has the spout in his mouth... upside down, but hey-- he's only eight months old after all!

Well, I need to go pack some more. We are off to Wyoming for Thanksgiving early tomorrow morning. Happy Turkey Day!

Oh, and Happy Birthday Mom!

3 comments:

  1. Go Jacob! He did great and I love that he was so careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love to take pictures too. Micah doesn't quite get the whole get the person on the screen before taking the picture thing. I think for him, he just enjoys pushing the buttons. He loves anything with buttons! Clara uses sippy cups all the time. She is always drinking from them upside down. I think it is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pics! Nice job Jacob. :) Can't believe how big Ephraim is getting!! He is adorable.

    ReplyDelete