Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Play with me!

Jacob and Ephraim are having a great time playing together! Jacob is constantly trying to get Ephraim to go into his room so they can play in there together... or should I say make a mess!

It seems like every time I leave the boys alone for a while I come back to Jacob's room to find everything in his little plastic "toy dresser" spread out on the floor. Sometimes I wonder how the boys can get around all that stuff. But they are having a great time together and I am enjoying having a bit more time to get other rooms cleaned up. So I guess it's worth cleaning up Jacob's room nearly every evening! At least they are having fun... check out these cute boys!


In other exciting developments, on Tuesday Ephraim pulled himself up for the first time! He has been trying to pull himself up, but mostly stayed on his knees. This time he decided that he could get up all the way.

I was working on sorting some laundry to put in the washer when I looked over to see Ephraim stand up! Luckily I had my camera nearby and snapped some pictures quickly. I probably helped that Ephraim didn't quite know how to get back down!

Isn't he a cutie?

Look mom! Just one hand!

Before long I am going to have two boys running in different directions! How will I ever keep up?! I can't believe that Ephraim is already crawling quickly and trying to stand up. He will probably be walking before he is one! Crazy boy!

This past weekend was a pretty busy one for us. Joe went on an early morning bike ride with our local Trek store. While he was gone I went out shopping with the boys. I have been trying out coupon shopping to see what I think of it. So far I have been doing really well! I have been stocking up on quite a few things, and spending less money for more food. It takes some effort to get everything organized and plan out your shopping, but I think it will be worth it in the long run.

When we finished shopping we went and picked up Joe at the bike shop. Then we went on our weekly Costco run. We got home in time for lunch. Then we spent most of the afternoon and early evening working around the house. Joe raked leaves in the front yard again. Jacob had a great time "helping daddy", so of course I had to run and get the camera and take some photos.

Almost all of the leaves on our trees are gone. Joe hasn't had to mow the lawn for a while. It seems that fall is winding down a bit. I am glad though that the weather this week has been SO nice. We are back up in the low sixties during the day, which is wonderful. This week Jacob and I have spent quite a bit of time outside playing in the sandbox. That is one thing I know he will miss when the snow comes and it gets cold... I guess he'll have snow to play in then though!

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe how fast Ephraim is growing too. It will be fun to see all of you for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when kids play together. And, yes, your boys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In another year you will have both boys in the big beds and you can use the crib for a toy hanger! It looks like so much fun there with the boys and the toys. The videos are great for us to see and hear all the action. Thanks for posting so often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to mention. . .In the Church News that we get there is a picture in the front that looks almost like yours of Jacob in the leaves. IT is msessage of inspriation from Richard G. Scott on top of a bile of leaves with a small person have covered up. I will send it to you when everyone here gets to read the issue.

    ReplyDelete