Thursday, November 13, 2008

Wet Drizzly Week

This week has been pretty soggy around here. Ever since Monday when Joe and Will were working on the water main, it has been rainy off and on. So we have been spending most of our time inside the house. As always, Jacob LOVES to read books. Right now he is really into Christmas books. I think he already knows that it is coming up and he is getting excited about it!

I have been pretty busy catching up with laundry, dishes, and cleaning. One day this week while Ephraim was sleeping, Jacob and I took the monitor and went for a short walk around the cemetery. Jacob was going a little stir crazy from being inside so much. He was so excited to go SOMEWHERE.

He decided that we needed to take an umbrella with us on our walk because it was raining. Of course, he wanted to be the one to carry it (helps me out a lot, right?).

Of course he decided it was too heavy before we got to the cemetery, so I got it after all. Jacob practically ran the entire time! I had to tell him to stop and wait for mommy once in a while. Here he is "patiently" waiting for me.

I brought the camera just for fun, and I got some pretty nice pictures. I really like the one above, but this next one is my favorite (you'll be seeing it again on my public blog next week). Jacob was going so fast and somehow I managed to get a picture of him where his feet aren't even touching the ground. Click on it to see it up close. Isn't that cool? That's what I call fleet feet!

Apparently Wednesday Jacob and I ate something that didn't agree with us. I was feeling icky during the evening, and Joe was good enough to keep track of the boys for me until I felt better. Then that night Jacob was up several times throwing up. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep.

Thursday morning Jacob was chipper as ever! As if nothing at all had happened. Meanwhile, I was SO tired the entire day. Its amazing how much sleep affects your everyday life!

In other events, Ephraim is already starting to pull himself up on everything. He has decided that there are some cool looking things on top of the coffee table... if only he could get to them!

I have also caught him doing this in his bed, so last night Joe helped me move his crib mattress down. Here is a picture of Jacob saying "Hi" to Ephraim one morning this week before the move. I can't believe how fast these two are growing!


Ephraim is already 8 months old! I really need to get busy and get his 8 month comparison photos done and up. He has changed so much in the past month. He is learning to do so many things!

2 comments:

  1. That reflection picture of Jacob is so beautiful. You are really getting GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to believe it was bad weather not to long ago. With the weather the last few days, it's hard to believe it's late fall!! I like the pic of Jacob in the road - that looks familiar.

    ReplyDelete