Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lovely Weather- Time Together

Last week the weather was absolutely gorgeous. I was unusually warm, so we played outside quite a bit. On Friday afternoon Jacob was playing in the sandbox while I ran interference with Ephraim. I let him crawl around on the grass, but didn't want him to get all sandy so I kept picking him up and moving him before he got to the sandbox.

Ephraim was having a great time crawling around in the grass. It's funny because I remember how much Jacob hated the grass his first year. I guess each child really is different.

Ephraim looked so cute in his UofA jacket (which used to be Jacob's, of course)! So I snapped a couple of photos.

Look at how happy this boy is!

Then Jacob wanted me to take his picture too. I tried to get one of both of them looking at me, but as you know these moments are fleeting!

This next picture makes me laugh. It looks like some kind of tug-of-war is going on, when really Jacob is just trying to give Ephraim a hug. The problem was that Jacob decided to give him a hug just as Ephraim was about to crawl away!

They are cute though! They are going to have so much fun together as they grow.

Speaking of growing, Ephraim is working on his top two teeth. Consequently he has been a bit cranky and he chews on EVERYTHING. Here he is chewing on my phone... yummy, huh?

The good news is that I think he is going to get both of them at once... just like his bottom two teeth. Today when I looked at his gums I could see the white of his teeth just below the gums. Here is an extreme close-up of my two-toothed wonder.

We are hoping that his teeth grow in soon! He has been drooling up a storm and has exploded out of a couple of diapers in the past week and a half. So I have been doing a lot of laundry! Today I did three loads and I think I have two more for tomorrow!

Fun stuff, huh?

2 comments:

  1. That attack hug is precious and such a perfect thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the joys of babies getting teeth. Clara is going through the same thing. If only teeth would come in faster. Then maybe we would get some sleep and not be zombies!

    ReplyDelete