Sunday, November 9, 2008

Boys will be Boys

This weekend was a busy one as usual.

Joe spent Saturday working around the house, while I tried to get some shopping done with the boys. At one point I had just gotten home and was taking Ephraim into the house. I turned around to look for Jacob and couldn't find him! It turns out he had gone up on the roof with Daddy!
It made me a little nervous, but I figured as long as he was with Joe it would be fine. Jacob seemed to do pretty well up on the roof with Daddy.

Ephraim is getting around much more quickly these days. He can follow me ANYWHERE and I have to be careful because he is sometimes underfoot. Either that, or he is messing with things that should stay underfoot:

So now you know why all the rugs in my kitchen are bunched up or moved around. Ephraim is quite the little explorer. The funny thing is that whenever I set him down and I am not going anywhere for him to follow, he will head straight for Jacob's room. Apparently he has already discovered that all the good toys are in there.

Jacob is starting to figure out how to play with Ephraim and it is SO cute! He will get down on the ground and say "Beeper, come here! Come this way!". Then Ephraim tries to catch up with him, giggling all the while. He thinks it is a great game... if only Jacob wasn't so fast!

Ephraim also wants to play with whatever Jacob is playing with. Here are the two boys this weekend playing with blocks. Aren't they cute?

Jacob is definitely learning to tolerate Ephraim more and do a better job of sharing his toys with Ephraim. It's fun to see them start to play together. (They both got haircuts on Saturday too. I think Ephraim's hair is so fuzzy and cute!)

I have even caught Jacob encouraging Ephraim to come into his room. Then he closes the door so Ephraim can't get out. I guess that way he has a captive audience! It's pretty funny.

Joe got out his headlamp this weekend, so here is a picture of Jacob with it on. He thought it was tons of fun. He went to his room and checked out everything with his light. What a character!

Boys are so much fun! They sure are energetic, and before long the two of them are going to be chasing each other around the house!

3 comments:

  1. Boy on the roof! That is terrifying to me. You are a good Mommy of boys. Must be why I only have girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just wait. I can't believe the things Ashton can do. We find him high in a tree all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when two siblings start playing together! It's fun for them, and it's nice for you. You don't have to entertain the oldest all the time anymore!

    ReplyDelete