Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Leaves Today, Snow Tomorrow!

Last night when Joe got home from voting, he and Jacob went outside to rake up the leaves in our front yard. Jacob just loves to help Daddy! Apparently we need to get him some tools his own size! Check out this boy raking leaves.

While I was taking photos of him, Jacob lifted up the rake and told me that it had "sharp teeth". What a funny boy! He will be such a big helper to his daddy as he grows up.

It turns out that it was a good thing that they raked the leaves last night. When we woke up this morning there was snow everywhere. So of course we had to bundle up and go exploring outside. Jacob had fun running around in the snow and playing with one of his sand shovels. Here he is piling up snow on our porch swing.

At first Ephraim wasn't sure if he liked the snow or not. When I set him down in his snowsuit he immediately tipped over. Then he gave me a face that said, "Mommy, get me out of here!" After a little while he decided it was ok. He even smiled for Mommy.

What a cutie, huh? Jacob had fun playing until his hands got cold. Then we had to run inside for a minute to warm up.

Brrr! Snow is COLD!

Then I remembered the mittens that Aunt Emily made Jacob for Christmas last year. It turns out that they fit much better this year. It probably helps that Jacob understands what they are for and WANTS to have them on. I thought I didn't get a picture with the mittens, but actually if you look at the first picture of Jacob you can see that he is wearing them.

Ephraim was starting to get tired. He had been up a long time this morning without taking a nap. Just check out the look he is giving me in this photo.

Are we done yet?

The snow is already melting away. This afternoon Jacob wants to "build a snowman" but there isn't enough snow left. I am sure that there will be plenty of snow this winter, and we will build many-a-snowman this year. Aren't boys fun?

3 comments:

  1. Your boys look like they had a lot of fun! We had to go and play in the snow today too. We did get to make a snowman though. We actually made two because Lily had to make one Clara size. You will see when I eventually get it blogged. My kids like to rake too. I hope that lasts for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun for all. I can look here to get cool after walking home in the 80 degree days we are still having here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, Ephraim's face in that last picture RULES! I'm glad you got them both out in the snow. You are a cool mommy!

    ReplyDelete