Friday, October 26, 2012

Snow in October

This morning when we woke up there was snow on the ground! It has been a wet week, and apparently it finally got cold enough to snow. We haven't had snow in October for a long time!


The boys were really excited about the snow. What they really wanted to do was shovel the driveway, but there wasn't really enough snow for that.


The weather was supposed to warm up later in the day, so I knew the snow wouldn't last long. So I went out to take some pictures.


The last of our roses were covered with snow and ice crystals. It was actually quite beautiful.


I used my macro filters to get as close as I could to the ice crystals. They were pretty tall, but as I was taking pictures the sun came out and they started to melt.


I caught some pretty cool pictures of the ice crystals on one of our yellow roses. Here is one of my favorites.


Mount Timpanogos had a nice layer of white on it, as did our roof. As you can see, the snow quickly melted off the driveway.


It will be interesting to see how much snow we get this year. Last year we didn't get very much at all, so maybe this year will make up for it! Either way I plan to take the boys sledding and build a snowman this year. Hopefully while we are home for Christmas break.

No comments:

Post a Comment