Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Amelia at 18 Months


I love taking pictures of almost everything, especially my cute kids. Recently I realized I haven't really taken any nice pictures of Miss Amelia lately. Why? Because she is so HARD to photograph right now! She doesn't hold still for very long and she is definitely NOT interested in having her picture taken. The last few times we have tried for pictures we BOTH ended up frustrated.

So yesterday when she was looking particularly cute I decided to just follow her around and see what I could come up with. I have a really hard time capturing this busy girl's cute smile, so I was happy when I finally got a nice smile.


 She is such a cutie patootie! Especially when she gives me that adorable smile.


 The swing lasted for all of two seconds and she was done. So I pulled out the red tricycle. Right now Miss Amelia is very interested in riding and scooting on any kind of wheeled toy. She can't really reach the ground on this one, which is precisely what I had in mind.


What a little monkey. Silly girl! This picture made me smile.

This next one is one of my favorite photos. I actually got a picture of my girl holding still with a pleasant look on her face. Hooray!


This one is not bad either!


Next we went over to our playset and slide. Amelia loves slides at the playgrounds and they are easy for her to use because they have stairs. She hasn't really figured out how to get up the ladder on our slide at home. So I put her at the top of our slide and helped her slide down.

Before long she figured out how to go up the ladder by herself! She was sure happy to figure that out and I had my camera ready.



She kept going up the ladder and down the slide. The best part was that she kept looking at me and smiling because she was so pleased with herself!


"Look Mommy! I can do it!"

I love these pictures! The background may not be perfect, but they show Amelia's personality perfectly.


 I had a great time taking pictures of my baby girl, and luckily I have some cute pictures to show for it! Hooray! Sometimes it's hard for me to remember to just relax and not try to force things, because that definitely doesn't work with my toddler.


She is going to do whatever she wants! I guess I just have to work that into taking pictures. Plus I know that it will get better as she gets older. The boys are pretty good at letting me take their pictures now.


We love our little girl! She is so fun to have in our home. It is so different that she loves things like tutus and shoes, but it is definitely fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment