Monday, October 29, 2012

Cornbellys

Last week I was planning to take the kids to Cornbelly's on Wednesday when Daddy had to work late teaching class. But when we woke up that morning it was all soggy outside. Plus I had a bit of a frog in my throat. So I promised the kids that we would go on Monday instead.

Luckily it was a beautiful day! We left home just after Jacob got home from school and got to Cornbelly's just as it opened. The first thing we decided to do was to go to the big jumping pillow.


The boys have been on the jumping pillow once before, but Amelia wasn't sure what to make of it at first. I actually had to take her up to the top of it because she couldn't climb up there by herself.


Then the boys jumped and played with her. They even slid down the side a couple of times. That meant I had to drag Amelia back to the top, but at least they were having fun!


When our turn was up we decided just to get back in line and go again!


This time I jumped with Amelia for a while. She thought it was fun to bounce around and I had a great time listening to her giggle.


After that we wandered around to see what we could find. There were some big tricycles!


There were also wooden playsets of every kind. We played on airplanes, semi trucks, tractors, and buses.


There was even a real fire truck for the kids to check out!


The boys thought it was awesome to be able to flip the switches and turn the dials.


Even Amelia got on for a minute.


After exploring a little more we found out that we could take a ride in a wagon train pulled by a tractor. The boys thought that was pretty fun.


But even more fun than that was their ride on the cow train!


Each kid got to sit in a "cow" and get pulled around by a tractor. Since I could buckle Amelia into her seat, I thought it was pretty safe for her to go by herself. After all, she had one brother on either side of her!


The kids thought it was awesome! We went on that ride twice too. The second time I went with the kids and sat with Amelia, which was fun.

Before we knew it the sun was starting to go down (and the moon was coming up!).


But it wasn't bedtime yet, so we decided to play around a little more. There were tons of things to look at and do.


They had some pretty impressive carved pumpkins in a very tall pyramid. We walked around all the sides and looked at them.


Amelia and I went and checked out a sandbox made of corn for a minute, which she thought was pretty fun. As I was changing her diaper that night I found corn kernels in there!


Of course there were some fun cutouts to take pictures in too. Amelia was too small to get into the cutouts without help. So I mostly just took pictures of the boys.


We had so much fun at Cornbelly's, but it was getting really close to bedtime. So we headed for the exit. But we had to stop and take a picture in the big rocking chair!


Cornbelly's was awesome and I think we definitely want to go next year. I think I will try to get tickets early and go on a weekend so we can spend as much time there as we want. We were there for three hours and still didn't even make it into the corn maze! It was a blast.


As I got the kids home and in bed, I couldn't help but notice the big, full moon. Isn't it gorgeous?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Cornbelly's looks like a great place to spend some time. I love seeing Jacob and Ephraim play with Amelia and take care of her. They are learning to be great big brothers.

    ReplyDelete