Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My Little Ghosts

Recently I had someone email me and ask me if I could tell her how I made the ghost costumes that I made last year for the kids. Since I was going to have to write up the instruction in an email, I decided to write a tutorial for my public blog. That meant I needed new pictures!

So I made Amelia another ghost shirt and took her out with Ephraim to take some pictures.We went to the AF amphitheater, and Amelia had a great time haunting there.


She and Ephraim kept running back and forth on the stairs. They thought it was great fun!


But that doesn't really make for awesome product pictures. So I tried to get them to slow down a little bit by walking down the stairs.


But that wasn't really what I was looking for either. I did finally get Amelia to sit still and actually smile at me! I found that the way to get her to smile is to start singing songs to her like "Do As I'm Doing" or "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam".


Although sometimes when you sing some of those songs you get her doing interesting things with her hands, but I think that is still stinking cute!


It also helps if you sit her somewhere that she can't easily get down from. I had Ephraim sit behind her and then we were in business!


The funny thing is that this isn't even what Amelia is actually going to be for Halloween. But now she has another tutu to wear around (which she loves) and a fun Halloween onesie.


I would have had Jacob join in on the fun, but first of all he was in school. Another problem is that Ephraim is wearing the shirt that Jacob wore last year!


But I am sure I will get some fun pictures of Jacob with Ephraim and Amelia on Halloween. I am sure he won't be sad that he missed the torture of another one of mommy's photo sessions!


No comments:

Post a Comment