Sunday, October 7, 2012

Conference weekend with Grandma and Grandpa Heiner

This year for General Conference weekend we were lucky to have some guests at our house; Grandma and Grandpa Heiner came to visit. The kids were so excited!


Amelia thinks Grandpa Heiner is pretty awesome. She doesn't ever seem to be wary of him. Instead she runs over and sits on his lap!

And of course the boys were excited to see Grandma too! I usually forget to take pictures when they come visit, so this time I had my camera ready!


Actually part of the reason my parents came to visit was so I could take some pictures of the two of them. It has been a while since they had their pictures taken, and I was honored and a little nervous that they wanted me to take them!


Of course my kids are interested in anything electronic. They must get that from their Daddy! The boys always want to play on Grandma's laptop and Kindle when she comes to visit. They must know that she is super-nice and will always say yes.




See? Amelia likes Grandma too!

I wasn't the only one with my camera out. Dad was taking some pictures too, and luckily he shared them with me. He took some really nice pictures of Amelia and me.




Aren't we cute?

The boys also had to model their Halloween costumes for Grandma and Grandpa. We saw the costumes at Costco originally, but when we went back to buy them they were gone! Jacob was so sad! This was the first year he wanted to be something other than Buzz Lightyear.

Luckily Grandpa Devereaux was able to find the costumes we wanted at his Costco in Tucson. So he got them and mailed them to us. Hooray!


Doesn't Ephraim make a great astronaut? I love how shiny his space suit is!


Jacob is an awesome pilot! I love his costume and I love his big smile even more!


 The fun part is that both of Jacob's grandfathers were pilots. So his costume is perfect!

We had fun visiting with Grandma and Grandpa Heiner. They spend the night at our house and then next morning we all got up bright and early to go to a soccer game.


It was so cold that morning that there was frost on the ground! I actually spent more time taking pictures of the frost than I did of the game. I am kind of silly like that!

After the game we had fun watching General Conference. I was so happy and amazed when they announced that they are going to build a temple in Tucson, Arizona! Now temples are being built in my home town as well as Joe's. Both sets of grandparents will soon have temples. Isn't that exciting?! 

Later in the day while Daddy was at priesthood session I went and took pictures of my parents. They turned out pretty well considering the fact that I had to take all of my kids with us! I will share those pictures in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment