Friday, October 19, 2012

Preschool Pumpkin Patch Field Trip

Yesterday Ephraim's preschool class went on a trip to the pumpkin patch in Vineyard. In the past the kids and I have gone to Hee Haw's, so it was fun to go somewhere different. The pumpkin patch in Vineyard is actually part of a plant nursery, so they had more than just pumpkins. They sold all sorts of gardening stuff.


Of course the kids weren't interested in that, they wanted to go and have fun in the corn maze!


I wouldn't call it a corn maze, as much as a corn trail. The kids followed the trail and there were various cutouts that they could put their heads into. They thought that was fun.


Ephraim has really been enjoying preschool this year. His class has 8 boys and 2 girls. The kids all live in our stake, so hopefully Ephraim will know a few kids in his class when he starts Kindergarten.


This year the theme of the pumpkin patch was Alice in Wonderland. I laughed when I caught this picture of Ephraim coming out of the Queen's Castle.


There was a ton of play equipment, including the pumpkin pyramid. I have seen the orange pyramid many times on my way to UVU, but I never knew that there was a slide at the top!


We were at the pumpkin patch for several hours and the kids had a blast. At the end, Ephraim got to pick out his own pumpkin!


They had lots of pretty pumpkins to choose from, but I think Ephraim got a good one. He has already told me that he wants to paint it black so he can decorate it like the bomb bird on Angry birds. What a funny boy!


This was the first field trip that I have been able to go to, so that was fun. I am glad Ephraim is enjoying preschool. At first we weren't sure if he liked it because he would tell us that he didn't, but he was always excited to go each morning. And he was really sad on the days that he didn't have preschool. Finally we figured out that he likes it SO much that he doesn't want to leave. So he makes himself feel better by saying he doesn't like it when he isn't there. Make sense? Well, apparently it does to Ephraim!

No comments:

Post a Comment