Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Second Swimming Session

We have started our second session of swimming lessons and so far things are going great! The first morning Jacob was really nervous about having a new teacher at swimming lessons. He was even a bit nauseous that morning, but I he didn't have a fever so I was pretty sure it was nerves. I sat down and talked to him about it and assured him that he didn't need to worry. He may have a new teacher, but he would be learning the same things. Besides, he loves swimming!

Sure enough, after our first lesson he came and told me all about his new teacher and how much he likes her. His teacher's name is Alicia and Jacob is one of the better swimmers in his class.



It amazed me how good Jacob is at putting his face under water. That is something that I never really got used to growing up. Maybe he will be a super swimmer like his Daddy.

Ephraim has a new teacher as well. Her name is Jessica, and she seems really nice.


Sometimes Ephraim can be a little over-enthusiastic, so it is nice when he has a teacher that can relate to him. Ephraim is doing really well at putting his face in the water too!


Jacob is getting really close to being able to swim by himself.


His teacher will often let go of him to see how well he is doing. It totally impresses me that he can swim so well by himself!



Ephraim is getting better at following directions, which is really great.


After swimming lessons today we went to the splash pad in Alpine again. The kids love it there, and I figure they are already in their swimsuits so they may as well get wet.


Plus then Amelia gets to play in the water. She is really enjoying the splash pad this summer. She is not taking a second session with me, so it is fun for her to get to play in the water too.

Actually today the boys mostly played on the playground that is right next to the splash pad. They had a great time.


As you can see, the playground is a little atypical. It has different equipment than what we are used to. Instead of steps and slides, it has cables to climb, a donut-shaped merry-go-round thingy, and poles to twirl on. Maybe the kids like it because it is so different.


I can let the boys go off and play, but I have to keep an eye on Amelia. Although she is mobile, she doesn't have enough common sense yet to know what things may end up with her getting hurt. Luckily when she stays at the splash pad I can keep my eye on her!


On the drive home we actually saw some deer!


They were just hanging out in somebody's yard right off the side of the road!


The boys were pretty impressed to see the deer so close up! Of course we had to stop and take a few pictures, which I think turned out pretty well!


I love the look of the velvet on the deer's antlers.

By the time we got home it was nearly 3 pm. We had a fun and busy summer day, but I think that is the best kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment