Monday, December 5, 2011

Annual Christmas Party

This weekend was our annual family Christmas party in Star Valley. Our drive was a little snowy, but not too bad. It was amazing to me just how frigid it was! At least they have snow! We have had cold weather but no snow, which is making the boys a little bit crazy.


We stayed at the apartment in a hanger at the airport again this year, which was really nice. When we went to Mom and Dad's house on Saturday, my sister Jeanette informed me that Amelia's hair was definitely long enough for a hairdo. She has four girls, so I guess she would know!

Isn't Amelia just so cute? She almost looks posed in this picture!

I took quite a few pictures of her in her cute reindeer onesie sitting on the floor. Here is another one of my favorites. I like it because you can see her little tooth.


Can you believe that Amelia has two teeth? I will have to get a close up sometime because they are adorable. Speaking of adorable, how cute is this?


Amelia decided that she really loves Grandpa Heiner. He managed to put her asleep, and I snapped this great picture. It makes me smile every time I look at it.

The boys had a great time playing with their cousins. We forgot to bring their snow clothes, but luckily the Kirkham's had some we could borrow. Ephraim did not mind at all wearing the girls' pink snow boots! The boys went out and made snow angels and tromped around in the snow. They also played around in the house for a while.

After we all had dinner together, we all sat around together and opened presents. It was so much fun!


Amelia got lots of fun presents. She got some legwarmers knitted by Grandma Heiner, a cute cow, a book, a hairbow holder made by Aunt Jeanette, a little teddy bear, a fun toy from Aunt Deanna and some other things I am sure I am missing.

I think it is fun that my family likes to exchange homemade gifts. My mom made legwarmers for all the girls, and Deanna made them cute knitted scarves. Here is my niece Kaylee with some of her loot.


The boys also got tons of really fun presents. They got Color Wonder coloring books and little transformers from Grandma and Grandpa Heiner, a cool Fort Kit from the Kirkham's, flashlights and fun santa and snowman pens from Shannon and Jalene and a Wii game from the Clark's.


Yep! We decided to let the boys open their present from us at the Christmas party. We thought they would enjoy using it before Christmas.


When they opened it Jacob was SO excited. He said, "I can't believe you bought this for us!". He even tipped over theatrically, which was hilarious. I took a video that I really should upload so you can see his reaction.

Speaking of great reactions, you should have seen my reaction when I opened Joe's gift. I was completely floored! He got me something that I have been looking at for quite some time... a Silhouette Cameo!


This is the ultimate crafting machine! It will cut paper, vinyl and fabric. You can use it to make cards, boxes, signs, stencils, glass etched projects, t-shirts... you name it! I also love that unlike a Cricut machine, it doesn't use cartridges. It comes with great software that can use any downloaded fonts and work with other images you find online. So fun! Now I just need to scrounge up some money for accessories- like vinyl, transfer paper, etc. Joe and I agreed that we were not getting each other anything for Christmas because of all our recent home repairs, but how much trouble can you be in when you get your wife such a great gift?!

We had a great time with my family at the party. It was awesome.

The next day we spent the morning at my parent's house and then headed for home. I got Jeanette to give Amelia a two-piggy-tail hairdo, which I absolutely loved!


How cute is that?! I love it.

Grandpa Heiner managed to get Amelia to fall asleep on him one more time, so of course I had to take a picture.


So sweet.

We made it home safely. Amelia was SO happy to get out of the van. She was rolling and scooting herself all over the floor and nearly got wedged under the couch! Silly girl!



1 comment:

  1. She is so adorable in hairdos! I'm excited for you for your present! Snow!! What fun!

    ReplyDelete