Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Napping to Tucson

We finally got everything packed up and very early on the 20th (we are talking 3 a.m.!) we left Pleasant Grove, headed for Tucson.

Luckily the kids did really well sleeping in the car this time. Everyone was out in no time. I even slept in the car a little, which is unusual. But I was fighting a cold and not feeling really great. Joe and I switched off every couple of hours while it was dark. Then we stopped in St. George for breakfast just as the kids were waking up.

The drive went smoothly, which was awesome. Usually we have to fight some snowy weather, but this year the roads were bare and the skies were clear! It was a nice change from the usual, and probably why we all slept so well in the car.

After breakfast the kids even took a few more naps. Here is Ephraim, sleeping in his car seat. Isn't he so cute with his mouth wide open?


He is even cute when he is waking up. This picture cracked me up! You can tell that he is half awake because only one eye is open!

We stopped in Kingman for lunch, and I think from the following pictures you can tell where we went.



Yep! Burger King. The boys were excited to get out of the van and play for a minute. I think Amelia was pretty happy to be out of her seat as well! I can't say I blame her!


The kids did really well in the van all day. They got to watch some movies on the DVD players and I was impressed with how well Amelia did in her carseat all day. Thankfully, there were plenty of great naps, and I had nothing better to do than take pictures of my cute sleeping kiddos.



We finally arrived in Tucson before 5 p.m. which was nice because the kids had time to settle down before bedtime. We were thankful for an uneventful drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment