Thursday, December 22, 2011

Winterhaven

This year while on vacation I brought a pretty big project to work on. I was making a turtle quilt for Ephraim to match the one I made for Jacob. So Emily and I worked on that quite a bit... when she wasn't helping Grandma entertain the boys for me! I will have to take a picture of the finished quilts soon!

Last year one of the things that we really wanted to do in Tucson was go see Winterhaven. It is a neighborhood that goes all out on lights during Christmas. Last year we tried to go on a drive-through day because I was pregnant and we ended up waiting in the line of cars so long that we just gave up! This year we left Amelia with Daddy and I went with the boys and Grandma and Emily.

It was a windy night, so we were all actually wearing our jackets, hats and mittens. It actually wasn't that bad, and we enjoyed seeing all the lights. Here are some of my favorites:


For Christmas I got a bokeh kit, so I had fun playing around with it while looking at the Christmas lights.




There were lots of houses that were so decorated it was crazy, like this gingerbread house.


I really liked this house with its neon lights. Pretty cool.


It was amazing how many lights there were all over the place.


The boys were about ready to be done, when we found the house with the fountain. It was amazing! They had lights and a fountain that was synchronized to the music playing over some speakers. It was so fun to watch that Ephraim kept asking if we could stay for one more song.


I was enjoying taking bokeh pictures of the large Christmas tree they had in their yard as well.


We all had a great time looking at the fun Christmas lights, whether we were looking at them clearly:


Or a bit blurry :o).

When we got back home we found out that Amelia cried nearly the entire time I was gone before falling asleep. She has become something of a Mommy's girl and I think she was still getting used to being somewhere new. She woke up and was very happy to see me. We got the boys in bed and Amelia fell asleep on me, which happened quite a few times while we were on vacation. So I had Emily take a picture of me with my cute baby girl.




No comments:

Post a Comment