Thursday, December 29, 2011

Boating on Patagonia Lake

The weather warmed up the week after Christmas (as if it wasn't already warm for us!), so on Thursday we decided to go boating on Lake Patagonia. The boys were SO excited. We ate lunch when we got there, and then put the boat in the water.


We haven't really ever taken the boys out in a boat before, so we didn't know if they would like it or not. I can now definitively say that they didn't just like it, they LOVED it.


They did not mind the wind at all, and loved it when we were "going fast". It was nice enough outside that the boys just wore long sleeves and we didn't even take our jackets on the boat.


Amelia did surprisingly well on the boat too. I think the part that bothered her most was the life jacket!


With that big puffy life jacket on she couldn't cuddle up to Mommy or Daddy!


The wind did not seem to bother her too much and she didn't cry at all, but after a while we could tell she was getting tired.

So Grandpa let Amelia and I off the boat, and the boys got to keep going. I don't think they minded that at all!


Joe took some more fun pictures of the boys on the boat while I took Amelia back to the camper. Do you think they had fun?





Jacob told me that this was "the best day ever!". He absolutely loved riding in the boat, and we will definitely have to go again the next time we are in Arizona. Or maybe we can even talk Grandpa Devereaux into coming north sometime and we can meet in the middle.

I told Grandpa Devereaux that I had never seen the border with Mexico, so we went back to Tucson via Nogales, AZ and then on up I-19. Nogales is on the border with Mexico, and we got to see the wall that separates our two countries. It is a very hilly area, and it was interesting to see the wall just cut across the hills and the cities of Nogales, AZ and Nogales, Sonora, Mexico. It was also the furthest south I have ever been in my life!


1 comment: