Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Bike Ride and the Cocoa Krispies Boy

Today (Mar 20) was a sunny day, though not particularly warm in the morning. It is especially not warm when you are flying down the road at near 20 miles per hour!

Saturday morning Joe and I got up early to go on a ride with the Utah Velo Club. Joe has been on several rides with the club, both last year and this spring. So he decided that it was finally time for me to go too. Especially since we were gearing up for our ride in the Tour de St. George where Joe is doing 100 miles and I am doing 70!

So we hired a babysitter and rode our bike over to the Bike Peddler in AF to start the ride. Joe assured me that each time he had gone on a ride this spring there had been a couple of girls. Well, this time it was only me!

I have to tell you that those guys ride fast! I managed to keep up for the first little while. As long as I was in with the pack I was doing fine. Then I fell off the back. Luckily Joe slowed down and rode with me. What a guy! In the end we did 55 miles. We rode down by Utah Lake, and then up to Redwood Road and over into Bluffdale before heading back for home. It was a good ride, and I was pretty tired when we got home. I felt a little bad that Joe did not get to ride with the rest of the guys, but he assured me that I did great and that he did just about as well a few weeks earlier.

What a great hubby I have, no?

So that took up most of our morning. We spent the afternoon getting our regular Saturday chores done. The weather had warmed up nicely, so the boys spent part of the afternoon playing in the sand. Oh how I love the sandbox!

Then in the evening I was inside with Ephraim making chocolate rice krispy treats for my primary class. Ephraim decided that the cocoa krispies were YUMMY, so I let him have some.


Hey, cute dimples!

These are YUMMY! Can I have some more?

Are you still taking pictures of me?

1 comment:

  1. Why have I never thought of making Rice Krispie Treats with Cocoa Krispies?? Brilliant you are!

    ReplyDelete