Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Kite Flying Take Two

After Daddy and Jacob got to go and fly Jacob's spiderman kite last week, we spent the next couple of days looking for Daddy's kite that we used last year. Eventually we found it... right in the hall closet where we thought it should be (and where we had already looked!). Turns out our "Hungry Hungry Hippos" game was trying to hide it... perhaps to eat it later!

When Tuesday (Mar 23)  turned out to be a windy day, Joe decided to take Jacob and Ephraim to fly kites. I had to leave to go to work, so I sent Joe with my camera to document the event. I was pretty impressed with the photos that he managed to take while helping both boys with their kites!

Here is Jacob flying Daddy's kite. I think this type of kite was a little easier to get going than the plastic spiderman one. This next picture is the one that really impressed me. Look! Both boys with their kites in the air. Way to go Daddy!

In case you can't tell, that is Ephraim closest to the camera and Jacob further down the field. Impressive, huh?

Apparently helping two boys fly kites and taking pictures was not without it's adventures though! Joe told me that at one point he was concentrating on Jacob and when he turned around Ephraim was no longer holding the kite string. He was just looking at Daddy like, "I don't know what happened!". Luckily Joe was able to find the kite on the far side of the cemetery by the trees! It did not go into the trees or any powerlines... whew!


Ephraim and Jacob both had a great time flying kites with Daddy. Thanks Joe for being such a fun Daddy and taking care of the boys while I work at the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment