Sunday, March 21, 2010

Evening at the Lake

Sunday morning we were all getting ready for church. Jacob is getting pretty good at getting dressed (at least his pants) by himself. So I told him to go take off his clothes so we could get ready for church. Next thing I know I found Jacob in my room like this:

What a silly boy!

Then on Sunday evening we decided to go for a walk down by Utah Lake. I took a ton of gorgeous photos that I just have to share.

We were lucky enough to see someone out with a sailboat on the lake!

The boys thought the sailboat was pretty cool, and so did I.

This last picture of the sailboat is my favorite. Isn't it just gorgeous with the mountains in the west for a backdrop?

Here are the mountains to the east, reflected in a pool of water:


Jacob and Ephraim know when mommy is on a picture taking expedition. The funny thing is that sometimes now they will find rocks to sit on and tell me to take their pictures. Or in Ephraim's case, he will sit on the rock and say "pictures.... cheese!"

And of course if one boy gets his picture taken, the other one is sure to follow... no matter who started it!

It was nice to walk down by the lake where it was calm and quiet. The views were pretty amazing too. I love the look of the cattails at the edge of the lake.

The sun started to go down too, and the clouds hid it just enough for me to take these great pictures.

So if you are ever looking for something nice to do on Sunday afternoon, I know just the place down by the lake where it is oh so lovely!

2 comments: