Friday, March 19, 2010

Fly a Kite

March is a great month! My flowers are starting to bloom, the lawn is greening up and the days are getting warmer. Of course March also come with some capricious weather. Sunny one minute, cold and rainy/snowy the next. I guess it makes life more interesting, right?

Today the weather got a little cold and windy, so we have decided to make the best of it by flying kites. Jacob is in LOVE with kite flying. Day after day he kept asking to fly his kite, but we told him it was not windy enough or it was too wet and cold. We eventually had him watching the neighbor's flag so he would know when it was windy enough without asking. Finally last week we had the perfect day!

Daddy was helped Jacob out while Mommy took pictures. We were having limited success at first. The kite kept swooping to the ground.

Then we figured out we needed to move away from the opening of a street that was making the wind weird and unpredictable. Then Joe got the kite flying high!

Once he got it up in the air, Joe handed the kite of to Jacob.

I spent my time figuring out how to take pictures of Jacob (or Joe) and the kite at the same time. Finally I figured out I had to practically lay down on the ground, which is how I got these cool pictures.

Of course Joe thought I was pretty funny out there laying on the ground. But hey, I got this really nice picture of him too!

Jacob, Joe and I all had a great time. Jacob liked flying his kite so much that I am sure we will be doing it again sometime very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment