Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter Egg Dye (April 2)

The Friday before Easter I decided it would be a good day to let the boys help me dye some Easter eggs. Jacob has been very excited about it. Last year Jacob dyed eggs with me while Ephraim napped. This year I decided that Ephraim was probably old enough to help us out.

First of course you have to boil the eggs. Both the boys wanted to watch, so I had to make sure they didn't get too close!

Then we got down to business. I read somewhere that an easy way to dye eggs with little kids is to use a whisk. So I got whisks out for both of them and put the eggs inside. The boys found this an easy way to dip the eggs in the dye.

Actually the only person that cracked any eggs was Mommy! I ended up cracking two of them, so we had egg salad sandwiches for lunch that day!


Ephraim had a fabulous time dying the eggs. Luckily I had spread out plenty of paper towels because he liked to dip his eggs in several colors... often within moments of each other.

Jacob was pretty good at dying the eggs. He liked watching them turn different colors. This year we used rubber bands to make it a little more interesting. It was pretty fun and only a little bit messy.

I think our Easter eggs turned out pretty neat and the boys had a great time!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a fun easter. I love how Ephraim is learning so many new things and most of them by watching his big brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great ideas!! I'm totally stealing the whisk and rubber band ideas. Your eggs are fabulous and you are more so!

    ReplyDelete