Friday, April 16, 2010

Big Boys Want BIG Toys

I grew up in a house full of girls, so as I raise my boys I have been gaining an education about all things masculine. My boys love trucks, trains and all kinds of construction equipment. As a matter of fact, for his upcoming birthday Jacob has been telling us for months that he wants a garbage truck! I think garbage trucks are disgusting, but apparently for boys they are completely fascinating.

Not surprisingly, one of the boys' favorite books is one that shows all kinds of "rescue equipment". They love to look at the pictures and have me read about the tow trucks, ambulances, police cars, etc.

One morning while Jacob was looking at this book he says to me "Mommy, we need one of these!"



Me: Wow Buddy, that snow-blower is as big as our house and probably costs just as much.

Jacob: But we need one!

Me: Why?

Jacob: We need the snow-blower to shovel the snow off our driveway.

Yeah, right! Off our driveway onto the houses a few streets over! Dream on Bubby. Our driveway is big, but not THAT big.
-------------------------------

In other random news, I went for a bike ride this evening down by the lake. Since I had not taken a picture for my daily picture, I took my camera with me. It is very pretty down by the lake in the evening and I wanted to capture that.

I also discovered that it is very awkward to take my camera bag with me on my bike. Next time I decide to take my camera with me I will definitely have to put it in a backpack. That way the bag won't keep trying to swing around in front of me and interfere with my pedaling!

No comments:

Post a Comment