Sunday, April 11, 2010

Joe's Birthday

This year was Joe's 30th birthday! I wanted to do something monumental and exciting, but sometimes things just don't quite work out that way. I couldn't really think of anything great to get him for his birthday that didn't cost oodles of money, and Joe didn't really want a big party or anything.

So I did the best thing I could think of. For an early birthday present for my Joe, I arranged to leave the boys at the Randall's house and the two of us went for a LONG bike ride together. We drove down to the Cracker Barrel near Springville and rode around West Mountain.

It is really nice to ride down there because the roads aren't crowded. Plus we even get to drive through Benjamin and Lakeshore and past the home where Joe's Grandpa Sabey lived when he was a boy. We had a great time together, even though the weather was a little colder than we would have liked. We managed to ride about 56 miles!

After we picked up the boys we went out to dinner together too.

Then Sunday was the actual birthday. We had some yummy chocolate pie to celebrate, and Joe got to open his presents.


I got him cycling gloves and a cover for his bike chain. I also earmarked some money for Joe to spend on the nice cycling seat that he wants for his bike. My parents sent Joe a little statue of a cycling man, and his parents sent a package which included a card with $30 all in ones. It was pretty funny.

It was a pretty low-key birthday, but I think that Joe still had a good one! Happy Birthday Honey! We love you tons and bunches... even if you aren't a young man any more. :o)

1 comment:

  1. The kids had such a good time together. I'm glad you had fun too!

    ReplyDelete